Document 6.5: Twists and Turns
The librarian hands you a sheet of paper, saying, "We found this
puzzle stuck inside a book called Cretans for Dummies." He
continues, "According to some notes scribbled in the margin, it seems
each row has two answers reading across, and there's a path of words
winding through the maze, but it doesn't say where the path starts or
what direction it's going. And I have a suspicion there's something
else he's leaving out, but I just don't know what. Maybe you can take
the bull by the horns and figure it out." An extremely off-color pun
occurs to you revolving around the word "bull," but you wouldn't want
to be non-PC, so you let it pass.
- "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, ___"
Widow's walk feature
- Scottish hillsides
- One of two rivers that forms the Humber
"Ignorance is strength," e.g.
Lopsided defeat, to a sportswriter
- Formal banquets
Fix a wayward shoelace
- It may attract attention
Beats in an Old West gunfight
- Mojo Jojo's is exposed
- Ready for a smack?
Avis : #2 :: ___ : #1
- X5-452 portrayer
- Greeted with disapproval
One of the Young Ones
- Hungary joined it in 1999
The Lunar Rover's top speed on level ground
It may be represented by a bead
- Visine delivery device
- Sulphur dioxide causes it
- He talks to the animals
- "Exile in Guyville" songstress
- Film whose DVD features an extra entitled "Tattoos"
- "...that can ___ my spirits to your worship"
- Lone Star's brewing company
- "...multicolored mirrors on his ___ boots"
- Shelf support
- Tebaldi e Moffo
- Elder stateswoman
- Trajan's successor
- Citrus-flavored confection
- It may be used to discuss ancient history
- Her first book of poetry was titled Once
- Highest area of jurisdiction?
- Quezon City replaced it for a while
- Early type of plastic
- Jumper with cables?
- French battle site of 1944
Back to the index